Monday, February 20, 2012

How to clean your toaster oven glass door

Do you have a toaster oven glass door that is splattered with the yuckiest, burnt on grease and gunk? Have you tried all forms of commercial cleaning products that promised to "cut through grease" to no avail? I have.

Then I read that baking soda would magically clean up this impossible mess. I didn't believe it. I'm always up for anything that is So, I tried it myself. Oh my - it worked!

Here are the steps:
  1. Unplug your toaster oven.
  2. Cover the area in front of the toaster oven with paper towels.
  3. Open the door and wipe off all the crumbs.
  4. Make a thick paste of baking soda and water.
  5. Cover the open oven door with the paste.
  6. Spray or dribble on tiny bits of water if paste is too thick.
  7. Leave on for at least 20 minutes. More if your yuck is super-yuck.
  8. Scrub with a non-abrasive scrubber.
  9. Wipe off residual with damp paper towel.
  10. Repeat if necessary.
  11. Ensure everything is totally dry before replugging in the toaster oven.
  12. Admire your handiwork.

Do you have successful methods of cleaning burnt on grease?

Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Annie Pazoo said...

Great tips, thanks! But use newspaper or rags to cover the counter instead = cheaper!