Then I read that baking soda would magically clean up this impossible mess. I didn't believe it. I'm always up for anything that is So, I tried it myself. Oh my - it worked!
Here are the steps:
- Unplug your toaster oven.
- Cover the area in front of the toaster oven with paper towels.
- Open the door and wipe off all the crumbs.
- Make a thick paste of baking soda and water.
- Cover the open oven door with the paste.
- Spray or dribble on tiny bits of water if paste is too thick.
- Leave on for at least 20 minutes. More if your yuck is super-yuck.
- Scrub with a non-abrasive scrubber.
- Wipe off residual with damp paper towel.
- Repeat if necessary.
- Ensure everything is totally dry before replugging in the toaster oven.
- Admire your handiwork.
Do you have successful methods of cleaning burnt on grease?