Monday, September 8, 2008

Umbrella Today ? Simpliest Weather Report Ever

When I lived in New York City, the view out of my (expensive and tiny) fifth-floor walk-up apartment was a brick wall. This was rather frustrating since I had to determine the answer to the all important question... should I take an umbrella.

For those of you who have never lived in New York City, you need to understand the significance of that question.  When you leave your apartment (no one has a house) you have to be prepared for a day WITHOUT a car, a day where you WILL be walking in the weather, a day where the weather REALLY counts.  Plus, you will most likely be gone ALL day and you AREN'T close by.  So, if it rains and you don't have an umbrella, you WILL be buying one on the street for an enormous sum of money - again.

Of course, The Weather Channel was a lifesaver.  However, if you were running late - which I always was .... you had to pray that they would be showing your area and the all important "rain or no rain" question when you tuned in.

Decades too late for me, but just in time for those of you in a similar position.... www.umbrellatoday.com

Just plug in your zip code and get an immediate "yes" or "no" answer to the simple question.  You can even get text messages sent to you at a specific time each day.

Whew!  Now, if someone could make web site that answers the question, "Date him?" they'd be an instant hit..

1 comment:

KJ said...

That is cool. Could have totally used that when I lived in NYC too. My backpack was heavy enough just carrying my lunch and my shoes, without having to take an umbrella just in case!