Thursday, July 23, 2009

Really Free Swap in the Park at the Frugal Fe$tival - July 26, 2009 - Van Nuys, CA

I'm going to run the Really Free Swap at the Frugal Festival in Woodley Park (just southeast of Victory and Woodley) in Van Nuys, CA this Sunday, July 26th, 2009 from 1-4pm.

What does that mean, Bobbi?

It means that after going to several swaps (check out my picture from the latest swap-o-rama-rama), totally enjoying myself, getting great stuff and telling the world how much fun they are... I opened my mouth and told the wonderful Bargain Babe that there should be a swap at the upcoming Frugal Festival.

Well, you know the rule. If you suggest that something should happen, you get to be in charge of it. So, I am.

It's going to be a REALLY FREE SWAP, which means you bring some stuff and others bring some stuff and then you take some of the other guys stuff. No money involved. And if you happened to forget to bring some stuff... well, you can take some stuff anyway. I'd call that a bargain!

Click here to get the specifics on the festival and the swap.

You can bring all kinds of COOL stuff to swap. Clothes, dvds, jewelry are awesome swap items. But don't bring things that won't do well in the heat... like candles. Your junk will be someone else's treasure. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that someone else won't love it. Make sure the stuff is legal, kid appropriate and working.

You can also decide that you are going to just free swap your services - haircuts, massage, juggling.

I suggest you bring a chair, a table (or picnic blanket), a bag for holding your swap treasures and a sun umbrella.

If you want to help me with the swap, send me an email at Bobbisbargains@hotmail.com. I'd LOVE your help.

2 comments:

Pauly Heller said...

Sounds like great fun, Bob. Wish I could come. Hope you get great weather and a great turnout.

Meital said...

This was a great hit Bobby! I can't wait for next years free swap! This was incredibly fun! Thanks a bunch