Thursday, July 23, 2009

Starbucks Savings


I'm going to fess up here. I buy expensive coffee.

I don't drink tons of coffee, but I do like to drink a good cup 'o joe in the morning. My current favorite is Starbucks Espresso bean ground for a flat bottom drip machine.

I've tried cheaper coffees and they just don't cut it.

Now, I am going to share my REAL secret coffee tip. Add just a bit of cinnamon on top of the grounds before you brew the coffee.

I was told this secret by a David's Cookies employee many years ago. I don't think he was supposed to tell me, but it kind of blurted out. I've used this trick ever since and people always rave about my coffee.

So, here I am with my expensive little coffee habit. How can I justify it; other than the fact that I make it at home most of the time and I only drink a cup a day?

I take advantage of the fact that Starbucks will give you a free cup of regular brew when you buy a pound of coffee. I get this cup of coffee, take it home, put it in the fridge and have a great cup of cold iced coffee the next morning.

I was proud of my little Starbucks savings until I read Myscha Theriault's article entitled: "Saving at Starbucks: Goumet Coffee Just Got More Affordable." She REALLY knows how to save at Starbucks. Her tips include: ordering a French Press for two, hanging around for a refill, getting a Starbucks card, snagging the free music and more.

If you are a Starbucks consumer and you aren't using every little perk you can get, then I suggest you read this article to see if there is something you are missing.

1 comment:

Myscha Theriault said...

Thanks so much for linking to my piece. I'm pleased you enjoyed it.