Sunday, August 9, 2009

101 Memory Making Adventures for a Childhood in Los Angeles


One of the reasons that I started this blog was so that I could easily find my favorite links and share them with my friends. I've just found a new one in the form of an article on MommyAdventureClub.com entitled "101 Memory Making Adventures for a Childhood in Los Angeles."

I am pretty good at finding some totally fun things to do with kids and adult-kids in Los Angeles. After all, I LOVE field trips. But I am humbled by some of the destination ideas that are listed in this article.

101 Memory Making Adventures includes some of my favorite field trips: Decorating Rose Bowl Floats; getting up close and personal with exotic animals at America's Teaching Zoo; and getting to know your world at the Kidspace Children's Museum in Pasadena.

This list has ideas that I've never even heard of: Pick a plant at Tomatomania; make a book at Scribble Press; dig up crystals at Gem o Rama; and play in the mud at Mud Mania.

There are also links to other lists that one might look for, such as, where to watch fireworks on July 4th.

There is even a link to a field trip that is on my MUST DO list: Watch a free rehearsal at the Hollywood Bowl.

Even though the title of the article says "Los Angeles," some of these trips will require a car, some driving time and even a possible overnight stay.

This is a keeper article especially for someone that is planning on visiting LA with kids or expecting guests with kids. There is something here for everyone.

No comments: