Monday, March 31, 2008

Daffodil Gardens at Running Springs - 2008

I've had sooo many people coming to my blog to find out about the Daffodil Gardens that I wrote about last year, that I thought I should do an update for 2008.

First of all, it seems that the band width for the Daffodil Garden website is not big enough for all of the traffic that it is getting. Therefore, the website is down more often than not. If you really want to get on the site, I suggest trying in the middle of the night.

Meanwhile, I was able to get through to the local Chamber of Commerce at Running Springs - 909-867-2411. Their message machine told me that the gardens opened on Saturday, May 22nd, 2008 and will be open from 10 am to 6 pm for two weeks. Yikes! You better hop in the car and go NOW!

Addition to this post: I waited til the middle of the night and got on the site. Here are directions to The Daffodil Gardens straight from their site:

Q: Where is The Daffodil Garden, you ask?

A: The Daffodil Garden is located on the slopes of the San Bernardino mountains in Southern California, just below the village of Running Springs.

From the city of Highland (about 60 miles east of downtown Los Angeles), take Highway 330 toward Running Springs. Drive 14 miles up the mountain to the intersection of Live Oak Drive and Fredalba Road. Turn right on Fredalba and proceed one mile.

Turn into the parking lot at St. Anne's Catholic Church in the Mountains at 30480 Fredalba Road. From there, signs will direct you. The garden and steps follow the undulating hillsides, and benches are available; access however is difficult for wheelchairs and the walking impaired.

No comments: