Sunday, April 15, 2007

New York City - Discount Theatre Tickets

I didn't want my East Coast friends to think that I have abandoned them, so I consulted with my Long Island Discount Queen friend, Linda, to find out what kind of great Big Apple Bargain I should tell you about.

She came up with a goodie that I didn't know about: The Theatre Development Fund... TDF.org.

This is a great group that has true discount theatre tickets for those who qualify. Who qualifies?
  • Students
  • Teachers
  • Union members
  • Seniors (62 or over)
  • Civil service employees
  • Staff members of not-for-profit organizations
  • Performing arts professionals
  • Members of the armed forces
  • Clergy
That covers A LOT of people.

Check out this site. There is an annual $25 membership fee, but you will easily make that up with the discount you will get on ONE Broadway show ticket. You can get advanced tickets to Broadway, Off-Broadway, and Off-Off-Broadway shows as well as Dance, Performance Art and special events. Not all shows will be on this list, but there are A LOT. You can also check out this site and join up if you are going to go to New York for a visit. It will be worth it.

Makes me wish I still lived in NYC... I LOVE Broadway!!!

No comments: