Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I'm speaking at the California Homeschool Network Family Expo



California Homeschool Network's (CHN's) Family Expo takes place at the Ontario Marriott Hotel in Ontario, California (2200 E. Holt Boulevard) from July 30th through August 2nd, 2009.

This is a super cool homeschool conference that has sessions for adults and teens. There are tons of activities for everyone - from infants to grandparents.

I love going to this conference. Everyone is so real and open and fun! My kids never want to leave at the end of the conference.

The conference is a chance to hear many different people speak about the various aspects of homeschooling and the life of a homeschooler. If you are a new homeschooler or someone that is considering homeschooling, this is a great way to find out what it is really all about. If you are a seasoned homeschooler, then this is a wonderful opportunity to share your knowledge or make new friends.

If you are interested in knowing more about homeschooling but don't want to attend the conference, you are invited to attend a free Introduction to Homeschooling talk by seasoned homeschooler, Karen Taylor on Thursday evening (July 30th) at 7:00 pm. There is also a free home arts session available at that time. Registration for the conference is not required to attend on Thursday evening.

You can register at the door for the conference or just get a "vendor hall only" shopping pass. On Sunday from 10:00 am til 3:00 pm, you can shop the Used Curriculum and Kids' Entrepreneur Sale. (Get some great deals.) The sale on Sunday is open to anyone. You don't have to be a conference attendee.


This year, I am one of the speakers. I am talking about (you guessed it) Budgets and Bargains - How to Gain and Keep Control of your Finances. I'm speaking on Saturday morning at 9:30 am. It's worth getting up to hear me speak because I'm going to be telling some of my real deep bargain secrets.

If you print out this post and present it when you register for the conference, then you will get $10 off your registration fee.

You can find out more about the expo by clicking here or go to californiahomeschool.net or call
800-327-5339.

If you don't live in California, but would like to know more about homeschooling in your area, a good place to start is this site on About.com.

If you can't make it to the expo (or even if you can) and you are interested in having me speak for your group or event, just email me at Bobbisbargains@hotmail.com
. Those who know me will tell you that I just LOVE to talk and I love to talk most about bargains!


No comments: