Thursday, January 10, 2008

Instant Custom Wrapping Paper

Yes, I know... the holiday season is over. (PLEASE tell me that you DID go and buy your wrapping paper for next year at 75% off this week. They are practically giving away Christmas wrapping goods the second week of January.)

But, gift giving goes on all year long. Even with a load of holiday wrapping paper in your closet, you might find yourself in a jam and need to come up with some cute wrapping paper for some other reason. Now, I warn you, this particular link is for CUTE paper and for SMALL gifts (best if they can be wrapped in a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper.

Alright, I don't want to keep you in suspense anymore. The link is at AmericanGirl.com. You can print custom wrapping paper and matching gift cards. This will be quite helpful when you remember it's your best friend's birthday ten minutes before you are supposed to meet her for lunch. Yikes!

(Suggestion for quick gift idea: go buy a gift card online. Almost every major chain has online gift cards. Barnes&Noble.com, Amazon.com, LinensandThings.com, etc., etc. Print out the gift card. Print out some nice wrapping paper with a matching card. And... presto... you're a social wonder.)

If you are feeling very artsy and have way too much time on your hands, then you might want to go and visit Wrap Art. This site will give you lots of inspiration. It makes me feel ashamed of my own feeble efforts to wrap presents.

If you are a "wrapping novice" and need some basic advice, then go to WikiHow to find out How to Wrap a Present.

They say, "It's the thought that counts," but the fact is that I do LOVE a beautifully wrapped gift. OK, ok, .... I'm going to practice this year and my gifts will look MUCH better next year.

No comments: